Leaky Plumbing Pipes Can Cause Mold & Other Damages to Your Home
What is a leaky pipe?
A leaky pipe is a crack or hole in a pipe that allows water to escape. Leaks can occur anywhere in a plumbing system, from the main water supply line to the faucets and fixtures in your home. Leaks can be small and difficult to detect, or they can be large and cause significant water damage.
How do leaky pipes cause mold?
Mold is a type of fungus that grows in moist environments. Leaky pipes provide the perfect breeding ground for mold, as they provide a constant source of water and warmth. Mold can grow on any surface, including wood, drywall, insulation, and even carpet.
What are the dangers of mold?
Mold can cause a variety of health problems, including:
- Asthma attacks, bronchitis, and pneumonia
- Allergies, like hay fever and allergic rhinitis
- Skin irritation, such as rashes & eczema
- Eye irritation, redness, itching, watering
- Headaches and fatigue
What other damage can leaky pipes cause?
In addition to mold, leaky pipes can also cause other types of damage to your home, including:
- Water damage: Water damage can occur when a leak goes undetected for a long period of time. Water can damage your home’s structure, foundation, and finishes.
- Structural damage: Leaky pipes can weaken the structural integrity of your home, especially if they are located in supporting walls or beams.
- Increased water bills: Even a small leak can waste a significant amount of water over time, which can lead to higher water bills.
Not all leaky pipes are easy to spot. Some leaks are hidden behind walls or in the floor, making them difficult to see. However, there are a few signs that can indicate a leaky pipe:
Water stains on walls, ceilings, or floors
Musty or moldy smell
Increased water bill
Low water pressure
Cracks in walls or ceilings
What to do if you have a leaky pipe
If you notice any of these signs, give us a call and we will inspect your plumbing system to find the source of the leak and assess the problem.
Team Rooter Service Areas
At Team Rooter Plumbing, we love being a part of the vibrant and diverse community of Southern California.
From the beautiful beaches to the thriving cities, there’s always something to love and discover. We’re proud to serve our neighbors and help keep their plumbing systems running smoothly.
Proudly serving Los Angeles, Ventura, Orange County, and San Diego.
Team Rooter LA
11400 Luddington Street, Unit A
Sun Valley, CA 91352
Team Rooter Orange County
1591 South Sinclair Street , Unit B
Anaheim, CA 92806
Team Rooter San Diego
4888 Ronson Ct , Unit A
San Diego, CA 92111
Team Rooter Ventura
2320 Shasta Way, Unit F
Simi Valley, CA 93065